Friday 23 January 2015

Special Feature Friday: Larkspur Hill

Edition 48

Recently I ran into a very special Etsy shop, it sold a type or product I never thought about. I knew it existed, but I did not know the possibilities, so it kind of feels like a new world has opened.

Larkspur Hill is owned by Cindy, and in this shop one can find a wonderful selection of dried flowers. Larkspur Hill is the piece of land where Cindy and her husband live, and where they raised their 5 daughters. They are the owners of a beautiful garden where they grow all kinds of flowers.
Cindy works in the garden in all weather, and her hard work really get payed off! She picks the flowers and then dries them, they are for sale in her shop and are shipped out to every corner of the world. 

I must admit, when I first saw this shop I thought that the only thing to do with dried flowers is to use them as potpourri or to put them in a vase. But in all honesty, the dried flowers I came across in my life where always these dull bushes, with no color in them. Cindy proved me wrong, the flowers in her shop are beautiful in color and look like they came fresh from a garden just minutes ago.





You might wonder what the options are with dried flowers, I can tell you that the options are endless. The rosebuds above for example, can be used as table decorations at weddings or parties, or maybe to brighten up the table for that special date. For those into candle and soap making, I would think they would make beautiful decorations to make the soap-bar or candle more special. 


Flowers can not only be used as table decoration, but also as decoration for a dish These violets are completely safe to eat, and will brighten up a dish like nothing else. They can be used in a salad, as a garnish, they can be frozen into ice cubes for a cold drink, or as decoration on a cake or chocolate mousse, I can even imagine they would look great in jelly! 

Cindy's flowers do not have to be refrigerated, and can therefor be shipped worldwide. 

Cindy offers a discount code for the readers of this blog, with code 4AISHA15 you will get a 15% discount. This code is valid for January and February 2015 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I always love dried flowers, and this is a great feature! Thank you for introducing this shop to us! Something really delicate and nostalgic about them!

    ReplyDelete