Friday 15 March 2013

English rose pillow front.


A couple of weeks ago I bought a ruler for on my sewing machine. 
I always found it quite difficult to make straight lines next to each other, but with this extra accessoire it is much more easy! At first I practiced on some leftover fabric, but soon after that I decided to try it out on a soon to be pillowcase. I love the effect, it is so simple but it adds a lot to it. 









About the fabric, I found it in a quilting shop last month, I fell in love right away.the colors are so soft, and the print is simply gorgeous! I think I would describe it as romantic.I would love to make a big quilt with this type of fabric.Prints with English roses always have my weakness I suppose.

Meanwhile I am working on some other projects as well, I found a picture of a gorgeous white summer dress. Of course it was impossible to find a pattern for it, so now I am trying to draw the pattern myself. Up till now that seems to be fine. but I know little problems will still be on the way!
I hope to get this dress ready for summer. the color is yet undecided though. The idea of white really speaks to me, but it is a long dress and I do not want it to become like a wedding dress.
someone said mint green would be nice, and I am certainly keeping that open as an option!

I also received some cute lace collars by mail this week, I have some idea's for them and I hope that will work out. More about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment