Monday 17 June 2013

Etsy here I am!!!

Last Christmas I got the idea in my head about starting a little Etsy shop, it started out really small but soon it started to grow.
it grew fast! and the more I thought about it the more fun it seemed. making my crafts for other people to wear? I can think of a bigger honor.

So the work began, collecting supplies and building idea's, it was absolutely wonderful!
To start work on something, build its shape, add detail, it is great every single time.

Today is the day I opened the shop, it is extremely exiting and even a bit scary, but I am very happy it is open.

I do not have one style, there are many things I love, hairsticks for example, such a simple way of wearing your hair, but a hairstick with a pretty bead will alway's look great! and there are so many updo's!

I love to sew of course, so I had to have some sewn items, therefore I made pillowcases and aprons, there are so many things one can do with either of these items! 

And then I found a lace collar, I had to buy it without really knowing what to do with it.
But it did not take long and I decided to sew beads onto it, I wrote a blog about it a little while back.

Some of my inspirations are: Victorian era, Quilting, Long hair, Fantasy, Pin up, Lolita, Mori girl.

So, I declare the shop opened!

Here are the links to the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VallonDesTresors

Come to have a look and let me know what you think!
If you want to help I will be very happy, sharing is the easiest way to go and the more people learning about the shop the better!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on opening an Etsy shop! I've always wanted to, but I don't have time at the moment due to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zoe! the nice thing about Etsy is that you can work whenever it is convenient for you. I took about half a year for preparations and made a couple of items to put on it at once. so, no matter how or when, the chance of opening an Etsy shop will never pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with your shop! You make beautiful treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shop. :) might visit for a hairstick once I've saved a bit again - LHC swap has kind of drained my hair-toy allowance, so I'm just carving my own for now. I wanted to open a shop too, but got stuck in prep phase when second year of Uni literally took over my life for nine months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it takes a lot of time to promote the shop, I can imagine it is not very convenient whilst being on uni. but like I said before, the chance to open your own shop will never pass! I certainly hope you will come by the shop once in a while :)

      Delete