Tuesday 7 January 2014

2014

The new year has started. We went back to the Netherlands for Christmas and New Year.
We had a wonderful time with family and friends! Of course I had to do some fabric shopping.
I planned to go back to the shops I wrote about in August, the two quilting shops in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately one of the shops was closed, but the second was open and they had some wonderful fabrics for sale. The shop I am talking about has some very special fabrics, made for them specifically. It is always a joy to browse there.





Buying all these new supplies for the shop make it extra fun to unpack my suitcase when I come home. Most fabrics go straight from the suitcase into the laundry machine so I can prepare them for sewing. Right now all the fabrics bought are cleaned and ironed, but this week is so busy, I do not think I will have time to work with them yet.

Still, it is something to look forward to for the weekend!

We also decided I should have a new logo and header for the shop, the idea for the logo came when I ordered a bead I loved, but I could not use because of the way it was made. It is a little owl made from bone. It was handcrafted in Bali.

The owl is now the mascot of the shop, I will keep the bead because it is too cute to sell.
Down you can see the logo and the new header for the shop. With much thanks to Tower of Nod for designing this for me!






Business cards have also been designed, and I hope to receive those shortly!

I am certainly looking forward to everything 2014 has to offer! I wish you all much love, luck and happiness for the upcoming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment