Tuesday 24 September 2013

Christmas inventory


The end of September is nearing, and the list of things to do before Christmas is getting longer.
Along with gifts for family I am also making a lot of items for the shop this year.
I can hardly wait to see everything in the winter theme in the shop, but before that time arrives there is a lot to do. I have started with 3 patchwork pillowcases, using bits of fabrics I had left. 

Here is a little preview for one of the patchwork pillows, far from being finished though as I am planning on quilting the front.



I would love to tell more about the gifts I am making, but I cannot risk it, family might just read along ;)
All I can say is that it involves some knitting.

I might have mentioned before that I wanted to start crochet. This week I finished my first crochet ball, it took about 3 tries before it worked out well, that is with all the stitches on the right place and of course in the right amount. Especially ending with the right amount of stitches was difficult at first, but I get the idea now.
Cosmetically there is still a lot that I have to improve, but I am sure this will all come together eventually!
I have found some really nice patterns of a little owl, and I would love to make those!
However, with the busy season coming up I am not sure if I have time to work on the crochet any time soon.

Better be off to bed early, to be up and about on time tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! Christmas has snuck up on us again and brought with it a loong to do list.
    Your patchwork is so neat. I'm going to learn soon and I hope I can sew as neat/clean as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a bit of practice but it is really doable to make the patchwork line up properly, I am sure you can do it! Good luck! I hope to maybe see pictures in your blog once.

      Delete