Friday 20 September 2013

Special Feature Friday: At Home Bistro

Edition 8

Did you know that Etsy is also a wonderful place for finding recipes?
And because it is such a wonderful international community there are many wonderful new foods to try out.
European, American, Asian, Indian, Mexican, Vegan, and so on.

I never before thought of purchasing recipes via Etsy, but I adore cooking books, and I have quite a few of them. But sometimes I like to try something out of witch I do not have a recipe. Of course there are many websites where one can find recipes for free, but these are not always accurate.
Therefore, Etsy is a great option for getting recipes, that are accurate, and not made up to accommodate the tastes of the country you live in, but actually taste as they should. For example, the average Chinese restaurant in The Netherlands does not make actual Chinese food, but rather a less tasteful version of the real thing, to make sure most of the Dutch people would like it. This makes sense for commercial shops because after all Chinese is very different from the Dutch cuisine, and when Chinese food first arrived in the Netherlands it was more important to sell then to be authentic. I am glad to say that more genuine Chinese restaurants are popping up throughout the Netherlands now.

At Home Bistro is the shop I ran into this week, this shop has quite a selection of wonderful foods, and the recipes are very easy to download after payment. The great thing about this is that you are able to work with them right away!



  Don't these cheese cake clouds look delicious?
  I would nearly lick my screen to get a taste of them!


This shop has a great varieties of recipes, desserts, cakes, soups, main courses and some traditional American dishes like meatloaf, cheesecake and marshmallow fluff cream.
Really, I dare you to go and have a look without wanting to eat something afterwards!
Another positive thing about buying your recipes like this is that you will only have to buy the ones you want to make, and you don't have to spend a fortune on a whole new cooking book.

 Could you resist this chocolate cake?
 I know I can't....

So, that is my message for this week, remember Etsy when you are searching for recipes, you will be surprised!

*edit*

After the shop owner of At Home Bistro heard of this blog she decided to give the readers of this blog a 15% discount! Use the code AISHA15 to get the discount when you want to purchase a recipe!



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the chocolate...but who does't? :) Pictures of deserts are the best! Yummy!
    Check my blog: lanasartstudio.blogspot.com where I shared my recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know etsy sellers list recipes too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete