Friday 13 September 2013

Special Feature Friday: SnapdragonToyCo

Edition 7

Next week is my dear nephews first birthday. Before he came along I never took notice of anything baby's might need, as cute as they are, it was never something I had to think about.
But, nowadays I have to check the baby clothes department of every store, and have a quick look in the window of the toy shop to see if there are any nice toys he might like.

I also started to pay more attention to baby toys on Etsy. My nephew seems to be very attracted by animals, if they move he has to look at them, and pet them in his own clumsy and still very uncoordinated way.

This week I found SnapdragonToyCo at Etsy, they make knitted animals, dolls and wooden children toys. Especially the wood animals caught my attention as they are so simple yet extremely cute.
Like this hedgehog for example;



I know it is wood, but it looks like it is worth it to give it a cuddle anyway!
The wood used is often solid maple wood, I find this a very pretty type of wood. The woods are finished with a bees wax. they make perfect save toys for children to play with, even when they want to stick it in their mouth. And, as it is wood, it will last forever and maybe one day even the child's own child or grand children might enjoy it just as much as their parents once did.
In my eyes there is no material more perfect for this as wood. With this shop it is also possible to request a custom made animal, just in case your favorite animal is not in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment